Characteristics of Good Teacher
A teacher, often known as a schoolteacher or educator, is a person who assists students in gaining knowledge, competence, or virtue.
The Simple definition of a teacher is someone who helps others to learn new things.
Clear Communication, listening, collaboration, empathy, Effective goal-setting, Acting as a role model, Adaptability and flexibility, Preparation,
Self-reflection, Life-long learning, Promoting a love of learning. and patience is all attributes of a good teacher. Excellent teaching includes an engaging classroom presence, value in real-world learning, the exchange of best practices, and a lifelong love of learning. The Words that Describe good teachers are Creative, Dedicated, Passionate, Caring, Grateful, Innovative, Excited, and Motivated.
Teaching is a difficult profession, and some teachers never rise above mediocrity. They only perform the absolute minimum and nothing more. On the other hand, great tutors work relentlessly to provide their students with a challenging and nurturing atmosphere. Great teaching appears to be more about our attitude toward our students, our subject, and our job than it is about our knowledge and skills. Although this list is by no means exhaustive, I have narrowed down the numerous qualities that make a great teacher to the ones that I believe are the most important, regardless of the learner’s age.
Properties of good Teacher
- A competent teacher is concerned about his or her students’ well-being. In a classroom with a great teacher, everyone’s ideas and opinions are valued. Students learn to respect and listen to others while also having the freedom to voice their feelings.
- In the classroom, a great teacher develops a sense of belonging and community.
- A excellent teacher is welcoming, approachable, eager, and concerned. Great teachers are wonderful communicators who take time out of their already packed schedules to help those who need it. No one knows if this instructor is having an awful day because he or she puts personal belongings outside the school gates.
- A great teacher sets high standards for all of his or her students. This teacher understands that her expectations for her kids have a significant impact on their performance; they understand that students generally offer teachers as much or as little as is expected of them.
- A best teacher is a lifelong learner who inspires learners with his enthusiasm for education and course content. On his drive to provide students with the best education possible, he continually renews himself as a professional. This instructor has no issues with learning new teaching tactics or adopting new technology into courses, and he always seems to be the first to share what he’s learned with his fellows.